6-8 June 2007, Turku, Finland
Culture is contradictory: It is individual and creative, it is collective and empowering. It is also diverse, conservative and restrictive. If we reflect upon such contradictions and develop that perspective we raise the questions: what is the future of the creative economy, the cultural industry, economic innovation and the interaction of culture and the economy? Furthermore, what consequences and challenges do such questions hold for the development of society?
The aim of the conference was to think and discuss about these questions under the following wider themes:
- Innovativeness and creative processes in economies, cultures and societies of the future
- The future of creative clusters and industries
- The role of cultural industries in economic development and competitiveness
- The power of creativity and culture for the sustainable development
- Case studies of culture, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Futures research methodology in the study of the creative economy
- Theoretical approaches for the future interaction of culture, society and the economy
Kaskinen, Juha & Saarimaa, Riikka (eds.) Culture as Innovation. The Search for Creative Power in Economies and Societies. Proceedings of the Conference “Culture as Innovation”, 6-8 June 2007, Turku, Finland. FFRC eBooks 5/2009. Finland Futures Research Centre.