7–9 June 2021, Helsinki, Finland
The corona virus pandemic is affecting all spheres of life and societies worldwide. Due to the current situation the Futures Conference organisers have made a decision to transform, extend the activities, and re-schedule the conference.
In addition to the conference to be held during 7–9 June 2021 in Helsinki, we will be arranging two pre-events. The first took place on 11 June 2020 with a title “Futures Skills in a Volatile World” and the second will take place on 9 October 2020. Both online sessions will be open and free to all interested participants.
The 21st Futures Conference will be organised on a theme ‘Learning Futures – Futures of Learning’ in co-operation with the Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI).
The forthcoming Futures Conference 2021 will focus on questions such as:
- How can the field of Futures Studies contribute to rethinking learning?
- How do we teach and learn about futures?
- What are the images of the future that shape current conceptions of the systems that generate and diffuse knowledge?
- What are the images of the future that inspire a reimagining of the attributes, role and functioning of learning?
- What are the new motivations, means and approaches to learning?
- What kinds of learning settings could there be in the future and what infrastructures and resources will be required?
- In which way are education policies changing within the future?
- What human capacities will be needed to enable sustainable futures within the limited boundaries of our planet?